Lisa @ je suis alimentageuse
Crepes can be sweet or savoury. You can fill them with cheese, nutella, bananas, anything your heart desires.
2 hr, 10 Prep Time
15 minCook Time
2 hr, 25 Total Time
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for the skillet
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional for sweet crepes)
- Different filling options:
- Melted brie cheese with maple syrup
- Bananas and nutella, dusted with icing sugar
- Strawberries and bananas with nutella, dusted with icing sugar
- Whisk eggs and milk together until incorporated. Mix in flour, salt and sugar. Add vanilla extract.
- Add melted butter and mix until completely incorporated. It's supposed to have the consistency of heavy cream, so add more milk if you find it's too thick.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours for the bubbles to settle out of the batter.
- Meanwhile, prepare your filling.
- Once the batter is ready, heat your skillet over medium heat. Brush with a little bit of melted butter, you should be okay for butter after this first brush.
- Pour the batter onto your heated skillet and tilt it until it's thinly spread around the skillet.
- Once the edges of the crepe curve up, flip over the crepe and cook until there are browned bumps on the bottom.
- Once cooked, put the crepe on a plate and separate with pieces of parchment paper. This'll make filling them easier cause they'll be easier to separate without ripping.
- Fill with your choice of deliciousness and top it off with a light dusting of icing sugar