So I really like to use StumbleUpon, especially in classes where I REALLY don’t want to pay attention, so naturally, I find lots of delicious recipes that I want to try out. This is one of them, and they are actually SUPER DELICIOUS. I’ll post the recipe, the website, and then I’ll modify what I did in the recipe =)
- 3 ripe bananas (I only had 2)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (I guesstimated a little bit less because I only had two bananas)
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (same as above)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I probably used like 3/8 of a cup because I don't like to use too much sugar)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (I just shook off some extra flour because again, I only had two bananas)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (same as above)
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk alternative(I'm not really sure how much I used, I started with 1/2, but I didn't like the consistency so I probably added about 3/4 of a cup. It's really up to you though)
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Make a flax egg by combining flax meal and water and let gel (about 5-10 min)
- Mash the bananas, the combine all of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a medium, heavy bottom pot and let heat over medium heat (about 350F). Drop large spoonfuls of batter (1/4 - 1/3 cup) into the oil and fry until the edges are golden, then flip until both sides are golden.
- Remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel, then toss in cinnamon sugar.
- Enjoy hot!
Definitely going to make these for breakfast at some point. Waaaay better than pancakes.
Original recipe here