So I really like to use StumbleUpon, especially in classes where I REALLY don’t want to pay attention, so naturally, I find lots of delicious recipes that I want to try out. This is one of them, and they are actually SUPER DELICIOUS. I’ll post the recipe, the website, and then I’ll modify what I did in the recipe =)
Jamaican Banana Fritters
- - 3 ripe bananas (I only had 2)
- - 1 egg
- - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- - 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (I guesstimated a little bit less because I only had two bananas)
- - 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (same as above)
- - 1/2 cup of sugar (I probably used like 3/8 of a cup because I don't like to use too much sugar)
- - 2 cups of all-purpose flour (I just shook off some extra flour because again, I only had two bananas)
- - 1 tablespoon baking powder (same as above)
- - 1/4-1/2 cup milk (I'm not really sure how much I used, I started with 1/2, but I didn't like the consistency so I probably added about 3/4 of a cup. It's really up to you though)
- I heated canola oil on medium heat until I felt like it was ready to fry, then I dropped spoonfuls of batter into the oil, then flipped once the edges were golden brown. Once both sides were deliciously golden brown, I transferred them to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkled with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar (1:5 ratio more or less).
Definitely going to make these for breakfast at some point. Waaaay better than pancakes.
Original recipe here