The thing about going to places where there’s TONS of food (aka a wedding) is that I get to try so many different things that I want to eat. The wedding I was just at had probably the best potato salad I’d ever had, a variation of this salad, delicious cabbage rolls, the best chicken I’ve ever had, and strawberry shortcake! And somebody had cucumber soup, which really intrigued me. I think that may be my next adventure, but for my current endeavour, the strawberry salad I had was really good. The one at the wedding had a creamier sauce, but I was more interested in a light, oil-based one instead of cream-based.
I think the greatest thing about this salad is that it’s PACKED with healthy stuff. I love strawberries about as much as I love lemons, and everybody who watched Popeye knows that spinach is a super food. Pecans add the contrasting crunch to this super tasty salad. And to top it off, LEMON JUICE in the dressing =P. I had to have lemons somewhere…
- 3 handfuls washed and rinsed baby spinach
- 4 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the spinach, pecans and strawberries. Combine in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle desired amount over the salad, serve immediately.