So I decided to go back to something sweet tonight. One of my coworkers ALWAYS brings overripe bananas that are perfect for baking. I’m a little sick of banana bread and banana muffins from making it too much a couple summers ago, so I opted for some banana chocolate chip cookies!
These are super soft with super yummy chunks of banana and chocolate. That’s all I’ve really got to say about them =P
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 flax or chia egg (1 tbsp ground flax OR chia seeds + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax or chia and water and let gel for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add flax egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add bananas (now you can either lightly mash em and leave chunks, or you can smush them completely so they're completely incorporated into the cookie. I opted for the former).
- Mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Optional: add in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes (the edges will start to brown and the tops will stop looking so wet).
- Let cool on a wire rack.