- 2 1/4 cups icing sugar (plus some to dust like flour)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (I think I'll use almost a tsp next time)
- 1 1/2 tbsp clear corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp shortening (I don't think I like the taste though. I may try butter next time)
- 250 g of 70% chocolate. I used 2.5 (I ate some =P) Lindt bars. (100g each)
- In a bowl, combine icing sugar, peppermint extract, water, shortening, and clear corn syrup. Mix until incorporated.
- Knead into a clump on a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the "dough" between two sheets of parchment paper until it's about half a cm thick. Or do whatever you want really. Stick it into the freezer for about 15 minutes until it's firm.
- Before you start cutting, dust both sides with powdered sugar or else you'll have a hard time peeling them off the parchment paper. Then use your cutter-outer-face-cream-lid/shot glass to cut out circles.
- Put those into the freezer to chill. The colder/stiffer they are, the easier they are to dip into the warm chocolate. Otherwise it kinda sticks to your fork.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave (30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 10 seconds, and you should be good). Cool down the chocolate a bit by stirring it, and then start dipping the patties. Shake off excess
- Set the dipped patties on parchment paper and chill them in the fridge until set.