It’s actually surprisingly easy to make these. It’s just mixing dough together and then piping them into hot oil. They’re surprisingly addicting because I made them small enough that you can eat them in two bites. Something about the cinnamony crunch makes it sooo yummy, especially with milk. Or maybe even coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup cinnamon
- Mix flour, salt, water, oil and baking powder together until it forms a dough.
- Meanwhile, heat oil on medium heat. The oil should start to bubble softly/the rippling through the oil will stop because the oil should be evenly heated.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Pipe over the pot and use greased scissors to cut the dough.
- Cook in the oil until its beaaautifully golden
- Remove from the oil and let it drain on a paper town and then coat in the cinnamon sugar =) Tap the excess sugar off.
- Enjoy! Try not to eat them all =P