This Crunchy Edamame Peanut Salad is a fibre-rich and protein-packed side dish. It’s quick to throw together and has a satisfying crunch while delivering substance.
I make this as a late night editing snack, but you could easily prep this as a side dish for work lunches. I recommend packing the peanuts and toasted sesame seeds separately. Add them just before you eat so you maintain the satisfying crunch!
Depending on how snacky you’re feeling, this is probably more reasonable to be a 2 serving snack. This has crushed the late night cravings for me in a way that fills me up with fibre, protein (10 g per serving!), fat, and flavour. Plus it’s easy to throw together when it’s late and you’re craving something substantial.
I know the photos are not the most inviting, but I promise you this has been a delicious way to keep the hunger at bay. Especially when I want to hunker down and get some work done. This crunchy edamame peanut salad is so fun to eat! It has also been great fuel for my post-workout recovery.
Edamame Peanut Salad Crunch
- 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted red skinned peanuts they’re crunchier, but any peanut will do
- 2 tsp soy sauce use tamari if GF
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maesil chung/Korean green plum syrup or maple syrup/any liquid sweetener you prefer
- 1/2 tsp chili crisp optional but highly recommended
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Cook the edamame and drain well. Try to let it steam dry when you drain it from the hot water, otherwise it will dilute your dressing.
- In a bowl combine edamame, roasted peanuts, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maesil syrip, and chili crisp. Still well to combine.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, and enjoy!