Adapted from Cinnamon Girl (Reeni)’s Green Monster Soup
Yields 6 servings
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2/3 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium sized onions, diced
- 5 gloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp curry powder (man I love this stuff)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 bunch kale (about 8 cups of the leaves, stalks discarded)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (I'd say about 3-4 cups)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Nutritional yeast flakes for garnish
- Cook onions for about 3 minutes in olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until the onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add 5 cups vegetable broth and stir occasionally until you reach a boil. Add quinoa and simmer until quinoa is cooked.
- Add kale and flatten down leaves until they start to wilt (about 2 minutes)
- Quickly add spinach and stir up the kale so spinach is in the water. (about 1 minute)
- Blend with either immersion blender or in an actual blender until smooth. Add lemon juice and stir.
- Garnish with nutritional flakes and eat!