I know I waited a long time to post these Starbucks Copycat Quinoa and Black Bean Wraps, but they were a little ways down my queue of blog posts. But here they are!
I had it once upon a time ago at Starbucks (is it still even available?) and it was DELICIOUS, so I knew I had to remake it at home, but vegan!. But it was also 9 dollars, which was a little steep for a skinny little wrap. I was so hungry that I bought it anyway, but you could easily make 3 wraps for the price of 9 dollars. So that’s what I did. Hope you like it!
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or 1 cup water + veg broth cube)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Optional: A pinch of cayenne
- 2 small ears of corn, boiled, and kernels cut
- 1/2 a can of black beans (19 oz), rinsed and drained
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- Daiya Pepperjack cheeze.
- Whole Wheat pita pockets
- Cook the quinoa by combining quinoa, water, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne powder in a small covered pot over medium low heat (My stove dial is from 1-8, I usually have it around a 3). Let simmer for 20 minutes, DO NOT LIFT LID before 20 minute mark.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, remove from heat, fluff with a fork and drizzle lime juice over the quinoa.
- Mix in the corn kernels and black beans, add salt to taste, and set aside while you assemble the wrap.
- Preheat a pan (or skillet) over medium heat.
- Open up your pita and spread some veganaise inside. Add daiya cheeze and then fill the pita with the quinoa filling.
- Roll the pita, then wrap/secure with parchment paper by taking a fairly large square, wrapping it around the pita, and then twisting the bottom to keep intact. (I wrap it with part of the pita poking out, so I can eat it while holding the parchment paper).
- Cook the wrapped pita on the skillet, rotating until the pita is somewhat crispy and golden, and the pita is heated through to melt the cheeze.
- Eat immediately!