None of this “vegan option” Italian dressing BS…
Creamy Garlic Dip for your pizza dipping dreams.
Why hello, strangers.
It has certainly been a while.
I think for a while, I had been saving up a bigger, more “wow-worthy” recipe as if to show you guys that I’ve been spending all this time developing that recipe and it was going to be worth the wait. But alas, a rather simple but delicious recipe is here instead.
I’m not sure if it’s just a Canadian thing, but most pizza chains in Canada have a pizza dipping sauce, and the most “famous” or popular one is the creamy garlic. It’s thick, rich, creamy, and packs a delicious garlicky punch that is sure to ward off the sexual advances of various people. But I don’t eat food to be sexy. Do you? If so, this might not be the sauce for you.
The recipe I’m sharing below is just for two, but you can do what I did for the photo and triple it for a stash of creamy garlic dipping sauce for all your dipping desires. Pizza, garlic bread, regular bread, spoons, fingers… (just kidding). Do what you want with this recipe, folks. I like to make a little container of it before getting pizza so that I can also enjoy creamy garlic dip instead of the nasty, half oil “vegan option” that’s basically Italian dressing.
Many of you simply come here for the recipes, but for those who have been following along on my YouTube channel or on Instagram/Facebook, you’ll have known that I’ve been struggling with a rather severe eczema flare-up. It’s subsided for the most part, I’ve been healing for the last few weeks, but it’s definitely hindered the mobility of my hands, which is why I haven’t really been cooking or developing any recipes. As a result, editing videos from before my eczema flare-up was easier for me to post than a recipe & blog post, so I’m sorry if you’ve missed me.
Life has been pretty packed with its ups and downs—as it is for everyone. I’ve had some personal issues, health issues, and some other stressful circumstances, but I think things are starting to balance out again. I’m back, baby! Thanks for sticking around.
I’ve got a few good recipes up my sleeve, so stay tuned for more =)
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 gloves garlic, pressed (or if you don't have a garlic press, smashed with a mortar and pestle =P)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Combine the pressed garlic, butter, thyme, and basil in a bowl and microwave until the butter is melted and bubbling (about 30-45 seconds). This kind of cooks the garlic a bit and sort of re-hydrates the dried herbs.
- Remove from microwave and stir in mayo until smooth and incorporated. Add a pinch of salt if you like it saltier, but I didn't find I needed it.
- In a small pot, melt butter and cook garlic for about 20-30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant. Stir in the dried herbs and remove from heat and stir to let the butter cool off. Stir in the vegan mayo until smooth and incorporated. Add pinch of salt if desired.