I wanted to make guacamole to top off the beans and butternut squash and sprinkle it with goat cheese, but my avocados weren’t ripe enough. Why did you cut an unripened avocado you asked? Because I just thought it was cold =P I took a bite of the unripened avocado and let me tell you, it doesn’t taste good. It kind of tasted like a hard, chunk of avocado-esque space food. Le gross.
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 unripened avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 package goat cheese (20% humidity)
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss the avocado and butternut squash in olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, turning at the 20 minute mark.
- Meanwhile, mix the goat cheese and beans together, sprinkle the other 1/2 tsp of salt on top.
- Mix in the squash and avocado until things look super tasty.
- Arrange them in the middle of a tortilla, wrap it up and eat!