Gotta love that time of the month where I crave everything and anything chocolate. For those who don’t know me so well, fun fact: I’m more of a candy person than I am a chocolate person. But friends, I BELIEVE I AM ENTERING CHOCOLATE PHASE. It’s probably only going to last another 2 or 3 days before I get sick of chocolate. I’ve been indulging in *insert large coffee chains here* Choco chills and triple chocolate frapps, but I decided, enough is enough! They don’t even make them that well! So I decided to make my own frozen hot chocolate! Probably was cheaper anyway.
Makes two servings of deliciousness. You can easily half this recipe =)
- 2 Aero bars
- 2 tsp hot chocolate mix
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Optional: 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Optional: Whipped cream on top (1/4 cup whipping cream, 2 tbsp icing sugar, whip until it's whipping cream!)
- Melt Aero bars over a double boiler, then add sugar and hot chocolate mix. Stir until combined
- Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup milk and mix until incorporated. If it's still hot, let it cool to room temperature. If it's coolish, move on to the next step.
- Fill your blender/magic bullet cups with the appropriate amount of ice.
- Add chocolate mixture, remainder of milk, (optional: chocolate chips) and blend
- Pour into goblets or use your awesome magic bullet glasses and top with whipped cream.
Yeah. This is what happens every month with some sort of food. Usually something sweet. Sometime cheesy.