So lately I’ve been trying to budget my money (I’m not very good at it. I like food too much. And lately I’ve developed an affinity for shoes…and purses. Why do I choose to be most girly when I have no money?) Anyway. One of the efforts of spending less money, is drinking fewer bottled drinks (i.e. juice, gingerale, aloe vera juice, arizona iced tea OOH I should try making that…) so I’ve been drinking more water. Now I’ve never been a fan of water. Sure, when it’s a hot day, I’ve been running around a lot, I’d LOOOOVE a glass of delicious, ice-cold water. However, I generally prefer some sort of flavour to my drinks.
HENCE INFUSED WATER.
I saw it when I was stumbling in the Food/Cooking category (pretty much the only category I’m interested in nowadays). It’s so pretty, and I love fruit, so naturally WHY NOT. It’s so easy too =) You can use the same glass/pitcher without rinsing for several litres because it’s just water, and it’ll stay good for a good chunk of days because the fruit is just sitting in water.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon (I like the sourness of lemon, it's sweeter if you exclude this like in the original recipe)
- 1 sprig mint
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries (you can use fresh if you want, I only had frozen)
- Enough water to fill a pitcher
- Rinse fruit and mint. Put mint in pitcher.
- Cut fruit into desired pieces, then put in pitcher.
- Fill with water.
- Let infuse for at least 2 hours
- Use fresh or the fruit from the pitcher and put them in a glass. Fill with infused water.
- Enjoy! Refill with more water once you drink it all =P The fruit still has lots of flavour in it.
I’ll definitely be drinking my 8 glasses a day now. HAH! Take that toxins.
Click here for original recipes, as well as other combinations of infused water.