I took a common Vietnamese lunch and put it in a bento box! Broken rice with veganized egg meatloaf (or egg cake), spring rolls, pickled carrots and daikon, and classic Vietnamese dipping sauce – all made vegan!
All the recipes are already on my blog, but I’ll link them all here for you to make yourself! I made this bento box as a collab with a bunch of other amazing creators who are making lunches with a childhood theme.
I didn’t grow up eating cơm tấm for lunch, but now that kids are bringing more bento-style foods to school and are embracing diversity more than they did when I was a kid, I hope that this Vietnamese bento is something my kid would love to bring to school one day!
Recipes in my Vietnamese Bento
- Chả trứng chay
- Chả giò chay
- Đồ chua
- Nước chấm chay
- Served with broken rice (just a type of Jasmine rice that is broken), tomato, and cucumber
The other creators in the collab:
- Rooted in Spice
- Shreya’s Kitchen (her Instagram)
- Lisa from Okonomi Kitchen – (her instagram)
- Tiff Foods
- Stella from Stella N Spice (her instagram)
- Theresa from Teekeatz (her instagram)
- Dana from Cook with Dana (her instagram)
- Jen Limm (her Instagram)